Economic growth in Latin America has expanded for nearly a decade, but things are changing. Over the next year, national elections will be held in Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Chile, and other countries, against a backdrop of slowing economic growth and an increasing number of social protests.
The 7th Annual CSO Roundtable Summit, Business in the Americas, will examine the impact of these international developments on the risk-management priorities of global businesses. The summit will also cover executive leadership, the use of intelligence in managing risk, and due-diligence issues in Latin America.
Sunday, 4 May, 4:00 – 6:00 pm
Outlier Observations: Jacob Shapiro, author of The Terrorist’s Dilemma: Managing Violent Covert Organizations. An informal reception follows. Outlier Observations and this reception are open to paid CSO Roundtable members only.
Monday, 5 May
· Consumer-goods companies (Daniel Arevalo, CPP, Associate Director of Security, Procter & Gamble)
· Supply chain (Bob Weronik, CPP, Director of Global Risk Management, Alexion Pharmaceuticals Inc.)
· Tourism (Marvin Dames, Vice President of Security, Baha Mar Ltd)
· Moderator: Rick Kelly, CSO, Ingersoll-Rand
· Crime and travel risks (James Weston, Chief, Research and Information Support Center, OSAC)
· Supply chain (Juan Pablo Paredes, General Manager, Socrates Consulting)
· Special-interest terrorism (Colonel Tim Keeports, Deputy Commander, Joint Task Force North)
· Moderator: Mark Landry, Manager Security, Northeast Region, FedEx
· Due diligence for M&A in Latin America (Gustavo Herman, CPP, Senior Security Manager, The Hershey Company)
· In-house threat analysis teams (Brian Hogan, Chief Security Officer, Cameron International)
· Understanding the region’s geopolitical risks (Nick Copeland, Managing Director Latin America & Consulting Services, GardaWorld)
· Investigations (Joe Olivarez, Director, Global Security, Jacobs Engineering Inc.)
· Ethics and corruption (Chris Macolini, Managing Director, MIC Worldwide)
· Social license to operate/corporate social responsibility (IHS/tbd)
· Hiring strategies and challenges in the region (Kathy Lavinder, Executive Director, Security & Investigative Placement Consultants)
Tuesday, 6 May
Big Picture: The C-suite Perspective
· Kirkland Hicks, General Counsel, Towers Watson
· Tricia Guinn, Managing Director, Risk and Financial Services, Towers Watson
· Dan Kropp, CPP, Chief Security Officer, Towers Watson
Lunch keynote: AMU to discuss education and the needs of the CSO/deputy
Plenary on Latin America
· Dr. Frank Mora, Director of the Latin American and Caribbean Center of Florida International University
· Alfredo Yuncoza, Gerente de Proteccion Integral, Complejo Indl Licorero Centro, Venezuela
· Martin Barye-Garcia, Regional Security Director, Latin America, Mars Inc.
· Daniel Arevalo, CPP, Associate Director of Security, Procter & Gamble
· Nick Copeland, Managing Director Latin America, GardaWorld
· Juan Pablo Paredes, General Manager, Socrates Consulting
ASIS Perspective on the Security Industry
Jack Lichtenstein, ASIS International Vice President of Government Affairs and Public Policy, will lead an open discussion on what’s happening on the legislative front that could affect security professionals worldwide. Dr. Marc Siegel, Commissioner, Global Standards Initiative with ASIS International, will provide an update on current standards work and discuss the urgency for security executives globally to be involved in these efforts.
Executive recruiter Kathy Lavinder has been recruiting for CSO roles for more than 14 years. You may know Kathy from her role as "The Expert" on career issues in the ASIS Career Center. On Tuesday, 6 May, Kathy will provide 20 minute one-on-one coaching sessions for five lucky participants. In these confidential sessions, participants will be able to gain up-to-the minute information about the CSO job market, receive resume feedback, and specific guidance on job search strategies. This will be a great opportunity to speak with someone who has her finger on the pulse of hiring decisions and has worked with many multi-national corporations and Fortune 100 companies.